Prophet Muhammad SAW: The Hallmark of Leadership
By: Dr Azman Hussin, Dr Rozhan Othman, Dr Tareq Al-Suwaidan
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This book synthesizes advanced knowledge in modern leadership science with leadership examples of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the history of the generation of his Companions. The approach this book follows is to start with a known modern leadership reference model that is well documented.
It then collects and collates evidence from Hadith (a collection of traditions containing sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)) and Seerah (the life, history, behaviour and habits of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)) based upon the classifications of the model.
The book also examines how the Prophet exercised leadership and made inductively inferences on exemplary leadership behaviours.
This book will help the readers become better leaders at a personal level and also help them provide better leadership for the Muslim community.
The ten truths about leadership that have not changes are;
- You believe that you can make a difference.
- Credibility is the foundation of leadership.
- Your values drive commitment from your team.
- You focus on the future (long-view)
- You know that you can’t do it alone.
- Trust rules – it’s the social glue that holds individuals and groups together.
- Challenge is the crucible for greatness. Change involves challenge and challenge tests you.
- You either lead by example or you don’t lead at all (our favorite).
- The best leaders are the best learners.
- Leadership is an affair of the heart. If you don’t love what you do you won’t work hard enough to become great.